German shepherds are notorious for having huge personalities and extreme smarts. Take one look into their soulful brown eyes and you know that they have a lot going on in their brilliant minds. They often entertain pet parents with their crazy antics and certainly will keep you on your toes.
There is a popular saying, a well behaved German shepherd is a tired German shepherd, but what happens when they are left to their own devices? They can get into all sorts of mischief. German shepherd owners will tell you that their antics are some of the things they love most about the breed. Here’s why smart German shepherd owners know they can’t be trusted.
1. They will steal your friends because they are cooler than you.
2. They do this when you’re trying to impress people with how totally boss your dog is.
3. When you’re explaining to someone that your dog is friendly…
4. They will keep you from doing your chores.
5. They don’t hog the bed, they take over the bed.
6. They guilt trip you for doing anything that doesn’t revolve around them.
7. They’ll try to con you out of your food by pretending that they’re starving.
8. They’ll hoard all the toys so no one else can play.
9. They’ll hide from you when they know they’ve been naughty.
10. They won’t give you a minute of privacy. “Hi, it’s me!”
11. They’ll take over your favorite spot of the couch.
12. They are masters at trying to trick you into getting their way.
13. They think they can do everything better than you. “See, here is where the problem is…”
14. They don’t get along with other animals.
15. They will steal your heart.