How to size
- Choose the wire gauge according to your dog’s weight. (See below)
- Size your dog’s neck and add 2 inches. (Example: Dog’s neck = 10” + 2”. Your dog’s prong collar size is at least 12”) Note: Collars should sit higher up on the neck, so measure here when determining collar size.
- If collar length needs to be adjusted, add or remove links accordingly.
Wire Gauge According to Weight:
2.25 mm – up to 66 lbs
3.2 mm – up to 88 lbs
4.0 mm – up to 154 lbs
How to Correctly Measure Your Dog’s Neck:
To select the most accurate size collar for your dog, measure the center of their neck with a cloth tape measure, a few inches down from their head. The collar should sit high up on your dog's neck, just behind their ears. Pull the cloth tape measure snug, but not tight. The fit should be snug, so the prong links can't shift to the front of your dog's neck where they might pinch your dog's trachea. Make sure there's enough room for about two fingers between the collar and your pet's neck for comfort. If the dog happens to be in between sizes it's then recommended to select the bigger size. NOTE: The collar should not be able to slip over your dog’s head.
Need Extra Links?
2.25mm gauge - 1.25" in length
3.2mm gauge - 1.5" in length
4mm gauge - 2" in length
Relevant Blog Posts
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Let customers speak for us1257 reviews
GAPPAY - Jute Bite Pillow
Excellent harness, love it
This is an excellent product. This is the second Herm Sprenger collar I’ve purchased from the German Shepherd Shop. They are quality products. And the customer service here is A+, 5 star! They take the time to help you with your questions and go the extra mile to get the answers for you. And they have really fast shipping! I love this store!
We have a german shepherd and golden retriever. They both love the balls. They kick them around and bite them. Not able to destroy them - perfect.
So much fun to play with my son’s bull terrier/pit bull, Laney.